Why Loving Pets
As pet owners ourselves, the Loving Pets® family values the importance of safe, healthy and affordable pet products. That’s why our dog and cat treats are made with only all-natural, high quality ingredients – and are designed with your pet’s health in mind. Our dog bowls, cat dishes, slow feeders, and other pet accessories are always manufactured using the finest materials. You can feel confident that when you buy Loving Pets products, you are getting the best.
Since our inception in 2005, Loving Pets® remains true to the original vision of offering pets and the people that love them high-quality, healthy, and affordable pet treats, bowls, and accessories. Loving Pets leads the pet industry by:
1. Manufacturing and producing dog and cat treats made with only 100% all-natural, high-quality ingredients, designed with the pet’s health in mind.
2. Innovating the industry with decorative and functional pet feeding accessories made with durable, high-quality and easy to clean materials.
3. Offering a proprietary Tested in the USA program that certifies the quality and safety of each of our treats.
4. Focusing on customer satisfaction and product innovation through creative and healthy treat combinations, as well as innovative, eco-friendly and solution-oriented bowls, accessories and designs.
5. Supporting our global, pet-loving community by educating pet owners on the benefits of 100% all-natural ingredients, donating to pet shelters, rescues and pet-related causes across the USA, supporting not-for-profit organizations like Pets for Vets, and creating jobs and additional quality control by manufacturing our own Made in the USA treats on-site in New Jersey.
Lou Dalwin, the grandfather of Loving Pets’ Founder and President Eric Abbey, was one of the original founding members of APPMA (now APPA). Working for Aquarium Stock Company, an aquatic company founded in the early 1900’s, Lou took over that business around 1930 and owned it through the 1980’s. Aquarium Stock Company was a whole city block in Manhattan and had over 10,000 aquariums and aquatic products. Before there was a New York Aquarium, bus and school tours used to visit ASC to learn about fish, plants and aquatic species; ASC partnered with the Sears Roebuck catalog starting in the 1950s, so for the first time, people could order aquatic products including live fish all over the United States; Eric’s father, Kenneth Abbey worked for Lou (his father in law), and then launched Petcetera in 1972 and operated that until 2006. Eric started working with his father in 1994 doing sales, marketing and product development. Eric’s mother is a world-renowned nutritionist, radio show host, researcher, and author and was a huge influence on him and his education about healthy, all-natural ingredients and their corresponding health benefits, which translates every day into the ingredients chosen for Loving Pets treats.
Loving Pets Europe
The family journey continues to Europe. In 2014 Loving Pets UK was set up by Jonathon Moyce (A relation of Eric Abbey) to service the European market. Jonathon, previously a rugby player competing at international level with England School boys and Students previously worked at the British Standards Institution on food safety standards. “Our ambition is to bring manufacturing home, Like our US partners. We want to develop all-natural UK treats for the European market”. Loving Pets continues to focus its efforts on healthier, all-natural pet treat options. For example, some of our treat lines incorporate vitamins and supplements that are beneficial to pets and the growing number of health-conscience pet owners. Dedicated attention to ingredients, high-quality products and affordability are the standards that set Loving Pets apart from competition.